HERE'S SOME OF WHAT WE'VE GOT PLANNED FOR OUR SOFT RE-OPENING
BETWEEN NOW AND S4's PREMIERE ON JUNE 26TH AT 9PM:
IT'S LAST CALL FOR SOME OF THE IDEAS DISTILLED AT THE END OF SEASON 3 THAT WE HAVE YET TO SERVE UP; AT LEAST A FEW OF THESE TASTY LIBATIONS WILL BE WHIPPED UP INTO POSTS HERE AT THE PPT BEFORE SEASON 4 PREOCCUPIES US (AND YOU!):
- "Ain't I a Woman?": Protection, Privilege & Preferential Treatment
- The Heroine's Journey: A Non-Linear Path
- The Great Goddess in Bon Temps
- The Shifter's Tale: A Passing Narrative?
- Good Girls, Bitches, Fang Bangers, & Powerful Women
- An (Unlikely) Ecofeminist Philosopher
- Pack of Wolves"
- "There is NO Excuse for Domestic Violence"
- "Take It To Him Tommy": Passage to Manhood through a Crucible of Violence
- Paradigm Shift: Images of Holism in True Blood
- A Series on Tomorrow's Man Today
Part II: A Wounded Warrior
Part III: Chivalry is Undead
Part IV: The Ladies Man...And It's Not Who You Think
Part V: The Ladies Man...And It Is Who You Think
WE'LL WHET YOUR WHISTLE FOR TRUE BLOOD'S "SEASON OF THE WITCH" WITH ANALYSIS AND COMMENTARY ON THE S4 CLIPS & TEASERS RELEASED BY HBO, LIKE:
Season 4 Sneak Peek
Rebecca's been brewing up a piece on the parallels between fangbangers and groupies; isn't it interesting the way guys get to be fans, but when it comes to females, there's always that sneaking suspicion that we've got some sleep-with-the-band-or-bust ulterior motive?
In this Season 4 teaser, we see the pejorative fangbanger applied for the first time to a straight man (if you recall, Mike Spencer's 19-year-old assistant, burned to death along with the Monroe vampires in Season 1, was also called a fangbanger but it appears as though he gay, and gay men are certainly no strangers to essentialist views of their sexuality, being judged and disparaged for their sexual preferences, etc.).
Hoyt is goaded by a Light of Day Institute t-shirt wearing fundamentalist rabble rouser who calls him a fangbanger. After Hoyt defends his relationship wiht Jessica and challenges the pro-Steve Newlin's hate-fueled so-called Christianity, his friend who is videotaping the steadlily escalating exchange outside Fangtasia calls Jessica a vamp whore (what a suprise; a woman being judged based on assumptions regarding her sexuality!) and the tense mob scene quickly devolves into violence.
This teaser is rife with sociopolitical material to dish about - hopefully a sign of things to come for Season 4!
WE'LL ALSO GIVE YOU A FIRST TASTE OF SOME OF THE ELEMENTS AND FEATURES THAT WILL BE ON THE PPT'S REGULAR MENU OF ANALYSIS AND COMMENTARY COME SEASON 4, LIKE:
- "2fers" - You'll get your first taste of this Season 4 regular menu item in the form of the forthcoming piece Rebecca and I will write on our recent interview with True Blood's Tanya Wright, written in a back-and-forth, co-authored, conversational style
More about our soft re-opening to come in our next post, please stay tuned!