WE PROMISE, IT'S NOTHING LIKE WHAT GOES ON IN MERLOTTE'S WALK-IN!
UPON THE PREMIERE OF TRUE BLOOD'S SEASON 4, WE'LL BE DOING WEEK-BY-WEEK ANALYSIS OF EACH EPISODE AND PROVIDING UP-TO-THE-MINUTE COVERAGE OF THE WORLD REVOLVING AROUND AND RELATING TO TB.
WITH THAT IN MIND, HERE'S SOME OF THE FRESH, NEW ELEMENTS & FEATURES WE'LL BE SERVING UP REGULARLY HERE AT THE PPT COME SEASON 4'S PREMIERE:
- HAPPY HOUR: Photos from our premiere and weekly viewing parties.
- QUICK SHOTS: Our 1st impressions after viewing each episode; the salon will officially be open for conversation after each week's QUICK SHOTS are served up immediately following the show.
- WEDNESDAY'S TRUE BLOOD HAIR OF THE DOG: Your best True Blood hangover remedy; by Wednesday we'll have had time to process our reactions and you'll be thirsty for next week's episode. We'll offer a sip of what ails you by revisiting the previous Sunday's episode with in-depth commentary and analysis - sometimes served neat (written by just one of us) and sometimes as a "2fer" (written by both of us in a back-and-forth, co-authored, conversational style).
- GUEST BARTENDING: When we take our tavern on the road and temporarily set up shop at True Blood related fan conventions, academic conferences, etc. We'll post about what's seen and heard around these events, talk about our role in them, provide local flavor travelogue style, etc.
- LOCAL BREW: Coverage of Metro NYC blog and True Blood related events we attend like BlogHer meet ups, New York Comic Con, etc.
- COCKTAIL SPECIALS: Character centric pieces not necessarily related to the current week's episode; profiles that trace the growth and development of character truebies (those who have been with us since at least Season 3), introduce newbies, or provide retrospectives on RIP's (the dearly departed from any season).
- TRU BLOOD TRU WORLD: A serving of current events that cross over or run parallel with True Blood themes. *We'll serve up a first taste of this new menu item in the days to come, on the recent spate of powerful men perpetrating sexual abuse against subservient women and the issues of consent this trending news raises.
- TASTING FLIGHTS: Analysis and commentary more suited to a series than an individual post.
- INTO THE WINE CELLAR: Pieces that delve back into vintage True Blood; Seasons 1-3.
- VIP'S AT THE PPT: Pieces relating to any cast/crew interviews we are able to land.
- GARNISHES: Odds n' ends & extras.
So whatdaya think? Like the new menu? Want to suggest an item? Our ears are open!
More to come...